background

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Where are we going next?

I have no idea where I will live in a year.  It is the funny thing about this job.  You have no idea which State, Country, or region you may find yourself in next.  Our bidding season will kick off this winter and we can't wait to see what the possiblities might be.  For now, we know that diplo-kid and I will be staying in Turkey for an extra year.  It allows me to keep my current position and allows the diplo-kid to start school with friends.  For the diplo-hubby it will mean a year in Afghanistan.  Like I said, it will be an interesting year for all the Ragan crew.

Diplo-hubby is wrapping up his time at Post this week.  Friends and co-workers are taking him out to final lunches and evening adventures.  It's hard to believe he has wrapped up his time at Post-two years goes by quick!  But, I know he is also glad he can come visit his second home-Turkey-during his time off from Afghanistan.  In some ways, we hope this year goes by fast.  In others, it will be hard to say goodbye to Turkey when the time comes, so I hope we slow down and enjoy the cups of tea while we still have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment